Monday, March 8, 2010

Laugh and Cry.

My name is Carla. I wanted to start this blog so I could talk to other people that have been diagnosed with painful diseases and just want to share their stories, their blessings, hopes, and yes their anger and dissappointments. My better half, his name is Charles. He is my gift from God...whoesever God you might believe in. (don't want to turn people off right way....today is only day ONE)

This time in 2003, we were told I needed to make a Will, sign a Living Will, and a Power of Attorney because I would not be here more than 6-9 months. April 3, 2003 I had a quadruple bipass. One year later, the first stent, and one yr after that, another stent. So, needless to say, we have surprised them all, but not without some great fears, joys, tears, and some great stories. (which is why I am here.)In the meantime, I was diagnosed with some nasty things. I had diabetes before this ever started, but now,
I have a garbage dumpster full of different diagnosis. Here is just a start. Heart disease. Fibromyalgia, Diabetic Retinopathy. Macular Degeneration (Rt eye, which I had Avastin injections for) Frozen Left Shoulder, Degenerative Bone Disease, and now
I just have had my second injections into my SI joint in my hips due what they feel is Ankylosing spondylitis (AS). (both SI joints have now fused) . I am sure the list could go on and on...but this is my first post. OH...by the way. Since I have told you that I have problems with my eyes..seeing double, and wavy are the worst when it comes to Macular degeneration..please excue my spelling, or double typing. I have slight tremors as well. (we took back our first laptop telling them the keys stuck..opsss, guess not...It was me....shhhh!)

So, as the days go on, and the stories get told. I would like to include you on some of the heart aches, and the humor that you HAVE to have to just to survive these horrible diseases. (as my better half says..the alternative isn't as pretty)

Speaking of Charles, my better half. WOW, I can't say enough about him..but will always try. When you write things on your gratitude list, please always include your better half, as number 1. Charles sure didn't sign up for this, yet he has never complained. I would have never made it this far without him. To say that he is the love of my life would be an understatement! For all the events that we haven't made it to, the cancellations we have had to make, days I couldn't make it out of bed, tears I have cried, sleepless nights I have kept him up, he has never once complained. (and the sex...did you need me to tell you about the sex????) He is truly a gift from God, and I believe has kept me going all these years that my Doctors told me I would not be here. I can not thank him, nor love him enough!

Ok! (bad eyes and tears make for a bad blog...whew)Did I tell you yet that we have a 9 yr. old white boxer w/ bad hips, congestive heart failure? That's another long one...ha ha! Just that she fits in the family very well.

So, just a long introduction into my life, and if any of this fits into your life, you might be interested in keeping in touch. I plan on keeping as much information about current medical information on here as I can. I hope to get to know new people and share new stories and keep eachother positive as we possibly can.


I had started a blog, www.laughandcry.weebly.com , and wasn't sure were to go from there, so I guess you can tell I am new at all of this. I see where others also have MySpace pages and Facebook pages, so I am sure, well, I hope others can guide me as we all get to know eachother. Welcome to our life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment